Friday 5 May 2017

A Year of Wreaths: April Felt Flower Wreath Tutorial

UPDATE: my April Felt Flowers Wreath Tutorial is now available as a printable PDF pattern over on my Patreon.

Subscribe to get instant access to a growing library of PDF embroidery patterns and craft tutorials, and updates when I add something new!

 
Click here to see all 12 seasonal wreaths in this series!

-----
 
Every month this year I'm designing a seasonal wreath for The Village Haberdashery's blog. April's wreath is all about bright spring flowers:

http://www.thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-april-felt-flower-wreath-by-laura-howard

I've combined some bright and cheerful wool blend felt with a lovely neutral linen-blend fabric - I love how the felt colours pop against the plain background!

 http://www.thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-april-felt-flower-wreath-by-laura-howard

You don't have to stick to my chosen colour palette, of course, there are so many great colour combinations you could use for this design to totally change it's mood or tie in with your decor.

The individual felt flowers would also make lovely brooches or hair clips. (You know me, I love a design with flexibility!)

http://www.thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-april-felt-flower-wreath-by-laura-howard

P.S. Yes, I know it's May already! :) I have had a bad case of Blogger's Block recently but I will be back soon, I promise.

Subscribe to my newsletter for a monthly(ish) free pattern and visit my crafty tutorial archive for lots more free projects.

4 comments:

bairozan said...

Beautiful colors, such a bright and happy reminder of spring! When I used to make more fabric flowers, it was one of my dreams to make a wreath or a picture of fabric pins. Maybe some day...

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thank you! I do love the vividness of the colours nature gives us at this time of year :)

~Mem said...

This is beautiful - I love the vibrant colours! Your wreaths are inspiring me! Thank you ~M x

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thank you! As you've probably noticed, I love a nice bit of bright colour :)