Friday 16 October 2015

A Partridge & Pear Wreath for Mollie Makes

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook you'll know I have some exciting news: I made a Christmas wreath for the new issue of Mollie Makes and it's on the cover! Eep!

 

It's a partridge and pear wreath, with lots of sparkly felt leaves:


The wreath was a huge amount of fun to make, and it's so exciting seeing it on the cover (especially on the shelves of my local newsagent).

 

If you don't want to make the whole wreath, you can use the tutorial to make a set of partridge and pear felt ornaments for your Christmas tree. I was thrilled to spot that someone has already stitched a pear ornament from my pattern!

Mollie Makes issue 59 is out now in the UK, available from newsagents, supermarkets or online. The digital edition is available to download from Zinio, Google Play or Apple Newsstand.

If you buy a copy and make the wreath (or an ornament or two) do let me know! :)

9 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

Congratulations! Your wreath is lovely

Misty said...

What a lovely design! Will keep my eyes open for this issue at the bookstore!

Gretel said...

It's beautiful - I bet that was 'fun' to turn into a pattern!

Ariadne said...

Congratulations! What a great magazine cover and what a great wreath!AriadnefromGreece!

Fiona (fizzi~jayne) said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I got my copy today :-)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I have been positively BURSTING to tell you all about this project, I'm delighted that the, er, partridge, is finally out of the bag :)

Gianna said...

Ooh... I love it!

Ariadne said...

Believe it or not my Scottish friend sent me this magazine among other things as a gift this Christmas and I really love it that I have the magazine you had the cover made!Happy New Year and many more covers. AriadnefromGreece!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Aaah, that is so nice Ariadne! I hope you'll have a chance to make the wreath for yourself :)