Friday 15 May 2015

Getting Creative with Buttons, Felt & Mini Pompoms

This week has been a bit of a quiet one. I had lots of fun stuff planned, and lots of work and blogging projects to get ticked off my To Do list... then I came down with the bug that's been doing the rounds in our house! Ugh.

So instead of Getting Stuff Done I've mostly been putting Getting Some Rest... which does not make for super-interesting blog posts! :)

I'm on the mend now (hurrah) but still a bit wobbly and taking things easy. While I'm slowly catching up with my emails, etc, here's a peek at something I made earlier this spring: a couple of projects for docrafts Creativity magazine (#58).

https://www.docrafts.com/Features/free-club-membership-for-creativity-magazine-subscribers/24

If you look closely, you can spot them on the cover...


 ... it's always thrilling when an editor selects your project(s) for the cover, even if it's just the teeniest of photos. It's also quite hard to resist saying "I made that!!" to total strangers browsing the magazine section when you're in the newsagent.


My projects in this issue?

A cushion decorated with felt and pretty fabric-covered buttons:

 

And a whole village of felt houses:


The houses were an absolute delight to sew - especially adding the mini pompoms.

I kinda want to decorate everything with mini pompoms now, they are so cute and cheerful!

 
 

Can't find docrafts Creativity Magazine in your local newsagent? You can subscribe here or buy individual issues here.

3 comments:

Crimson Kettle said...

What lovely little houses! How exciting to find them on the front cover!

Cream Linen said...

Beautiful little houses and lovely colours.
Tina

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks guys! I really enjoyed making these :)